Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is intended to protect employees from injury at work. PPE has to comply with the relevant fundamental regulations of the EU Rules for Safety and Health for technical installations and equipment. These ensure that the products offer a maximum degree of protection.
As a notified body according to Article 9 of EC Directive 89/686/EEC and Article 20 of PPE Regulation 2016/425, the certification body is authorised to carry out EU conformity assessment procedures and to issue type examination certificates in the following areas:
Foot and leg protection
- Individual foot and leg protection according to EU Directive 89/686/EEC and PPE Regulation 2016/425
- Safety footwear according to EN ISO 20345
- Occupation footwear according to EN ISO 20346
- Protective footwear according to EN ISO 20347
- Firefighter boots according to EN 15090
- Safety footwear with resistance to chain-saw cutting according to EN ISO 17249
- Protective footwear for motorcycle riders according to EN 13634
- Foundry boots according to EN ISO 20349-1
- Welding boots according to EN ISO 20349-2
- Individual hand protection according to EU Directive 89/686/EEC or PPE Regulation 2016/425
- Protective gloves against mechanical risks according to EN 388
The appropriate certification programmes are available on request from the certification body.